Dear Patients and Families,
Please note the following additional safety measures that we are implementing to minimize the potential spread of COVID-19:
- We will follow new OSHA & CDC recommendations for infection control, proper protective equipment (PPE), and ways to minimize production of aerosols in our office.
- You will see new hand sanitizer & soap dispensers throughout the office.
- We will regularly disinfect high contact surfaces and items such as door handles, faucet handles, countertops, pens, clipboards.
- We will decrease the number of patients seen each day and stagger appointments to provide social distancing.
- We will seat patients at least 6 feet apart or in a private treatment room when possible.
- Teeth brushing stations will be converted to handwashing stations.
- Please maintain social distancing when walking through the office.
- We will be implementing e-Forms instead of paper forms.
- Our game room and beverage station is temporarily closed.
- We have removed all toys and magazines in order to reduce cross contamination.
- Each of our Team members will complete a COVID-19 wellness questionnaire and have their temperature taken daily.
- We will continue to monitor and abide by new safety regulations and recommendations.
WHAT TO EXPECT ON THE DAY YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- If you or anyone in your household isn’t feeling well, have been exposed to someone suspected or known to have COVID-19, or have traveled to high risk areas, we kindly ask that you reschedule your appointment.
- Please brush and floss at home before your appointment and bring a face mask.
- We will text/email a Wellness Questionnaire and Curbside Check-In instructions before your appointment. Please answer and submit the questionnaire.
- Upon arrival, reply to our text message to let us know that you have arrived (Example: Bob Ross is here). Please wait in your vehicle. We will text you to come in when we are ready for you.
- We ask that the patient attends the appointment alone. Parents and siblings should wait outside in the car. If your child is young or fearful, please come in with your child but maintain social distancing while at the office.
- Please wear a face mask when entering the office. If you do not have one, we will provide one for you.
- Patients will proceed directly back to the treatment area and wash hands for 20 seconds, then rinse mouth for 1 minute with Peroxyl. Patients should wash hands or use hand sanitizer prior to leaving the office.
- Our front office will call to schedule subsequent appointments and coordinate any payments that are due.
- In order to reduce cross contamination during front office interactions, please anticipate that we will contact you to enroll in AutoPay from a bank account, if you do not already have it established with our office.
- If you would like an update on your child’s appointment, please send your child with a phone so that he/she can take a video message for you. You can also email Dr. Schmidl for an update or if you have treatment questions: email@example.com
We sincerely appreciate and thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to get all of our patients back on track with their treatment. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you and your loved ones safe at our office.
We’re looking forward to seeing you soon!
Dr. Dana Schmidl and Team
Please check back here or on Facebook for updates.